Question: Can you point me to a tool to check drug interactions?
Answer: Yes, 2 drug interaction checking tools are available to Ascension associates through A) DynaMed and B) Lexicomp, respectively.
- You'll see it in the top navigation bar between Drugs A-Z and Calculators. [See illustration above.]
- It allows you to list multiple drugs together to look for interactions between them.
- Add more drugs by clicking on the "+ Add Drug" below the boxes where you would type the drug names.
To learn more about the drug info in DynaMed, check out this video:
- Covers DynaMed's drug info, including drug monographs and management.
- Drug Interactions Checker (begins at 10:40 min.)
B) The Lexicomp Clinical Drug Reference also includes a drug interaction checking tool.
- You'll see it in the top navigation bar, directly under the search box. [See illustration above.]
- It also allows you to list multiple medications by clicking the ADD button.
- Click on Analyze to check for interactions.
- These links are included on the Clinical References Toolbox for Physicians & Providers and may be included in the various EHRs.
Michele Matucheski and Kellee Selden