Think of ProceduresConsult as a trustworthy and reputable version of “YouTube for Medicine.”
Procedures Consult is an online procedure reference tool that offers easy access to complete details on how to prepare for, perform and follow up on the most common procedures required in today's hospital and clinical settings.
Procedures Consult covers the procedures required by the ABIM (American Board of Internal Medicine) and conforms to ACGME standards to help physicians and residents to consistently achieve the best patient outcomes.
· High quality video, text and illustrations for top medical procedures
· Browsable and searchable for quick and easy access to any procedure
· Highlights when patient “informed consent” is required
· Customizable, for institution-specific protocols and procedures
· Provides time-effective, self-directed procedures training and testing—with trackable results
· Reinforces Joint Commission patient safety concepts
· Provide Pre-, During, and Post-procedure reference
· Includes indications, contraindications, anatomy, equipment
Where to find Procedures Consult at Ascension Wisconsin Health Care :
Ø Procedures Consult is part of Clinical Key.
Ø Direct Link : http://www.clinicalkey.com
Ø Also available on the legacy Ascension Wisconsin Library Web Pages
Ø and as a reference link in some of our EMRs.
Once in Clinical Key, click on the down arrow to choose ProceduresConsult :
See examples :
Femoral Nerve Block (c2016)
Central Venous Line Placement (c2017)
Note: There is an app version for ProceduresConsult but unfortunately, the app version is not accessible for institutional subscribers. The publisher continues a separate pricing model for the stand alone version. You will be able to access all of PC, but only through the Clinical Key platform.
Other Helpful Links:
Clinical Key (direct link)
Get the CK Mobile App [Instructions].
Clinical Key Search Tips Page (Ascension Wisconsin Library Services)
Questions or Comments? Feel free to contact Your Ascension Wisconsin Librarians: