What is Nursing Reference Center Plus?
Nursing Reference Center Plus is an evidence-based point-of-care tool for nurses, that includes:
· Nursing Skills & Procedures (with Competencies)
· Diseases & Conditions
· Evidence-Based Care Sheets
· Drug Info with Nursing Implications
· Management Topics
· Patient Education Handouts to supplement what is already in the EHRs
· Easy Journal Search
· Continuing Education
· Videos & Images
NRC Plus is considered an excellent source-of-truth for current nursing skills & procedures. After your local policies, NRC Plus should be the go-to reference that will help you provide consistent and highly reliable care across Ascension.
Where to find it (Accessing NRC Plus):
- Nursing Reference Center Plus (Direct Link)
- Look for the desktop icon on ALL Ascension Wisconsin computers. Note : This is on the computer desktop, not the intranet.
- Also on local intranets and Library Pages
- Also on The Nursing Point-of-Care LibGuide and The Nursing Specialties LibGuide
- It may also be listed as a reference link through the many EHRs around the state
- Helpful handouts, videos and tutorials for NRC Plus
- Includes info about accessing NRC at home and via mobile devices
- How to cite documents and reference content from NRC Plus.
- How to tell the difference between a Nursing Skill and a Journal Article in NRC Plus
The short 3-minute video is on the landing page for NRC – Plus under the Take a Tour link in the middle of the page. [Requires Flash].
- This is what we told / showed nurses during the site visits.
- Short, sweet and practical!
NRC Plus Takeaway Guide (1-page handout)