Monday, February 1, 2021

Your Covid Vaccine Questions Answered: JAMA Video


 

JAMA Video

Your COVID Vaccine Questions Answered [about 8 min.]
Millions of people are now being immunized with the new Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna mRNA vaccines. Are they effective? Are they safe? 
Infectious disease and global health expert Carlos del Rio, MD, of Emory University answers your questions.

0:00 Introduction 0:20 Can I take the vaccine if I have immune disease, cancer, or am on immunosuppressive drugs? 0:44 Can I take the vaccine if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding? 1:16 Can I take the vaccine if I have allergies? 1:38 What if I have a history of severe allergic reactions? 2:16 Can I take the vaccine if I already had COVID-19? 2:55 Is either of the vaccines better than the other, and can I switch between doses? 3:42 Can I take only take 1 dose to minimize risk? 4:20 I had the first dose and still got COVID-19. Should I take the 2nd dose? 5:15 I missed my appointment for the 2nd dose. How late can I still get it? 5:54 Are there natural ways to improve my immunity? 6:30 Will virus mutations make the vaccine less effective? 7:09 How long does protection last?


No comments:

Post a Comment